Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My first big adventure

Today I had my first big adventure since my hatch day. My mom came to the aviary this morning to take me to my new home. She said we had to make a stop at the vets office first for my check up. I didn't like this new carrier at first, but I settled down after a few minutes.

The doctor poked me in several places during the exam and since we are in polite company I won't go into details but believe me I don't want to go through that again! He said my heart and lungs sounded good, and my weight is good too. By the time we got home I was very tired.

My mom still had to put a few more pieces of furniture up in my new house and I happily waited in the carrier while she worked, then we had a little siesta on the couch.



Later on she fixed me a plate of food and placed it on the bottom of my cage. I also have food and water in shiny cups that hang in my cage. My cage is very new to me and those big cups worry me a little bit at the moment. Maybe tomorrow I will explore a little more and see what's inside them.
Goodnight!

2 comments: