Thursday, August 7, 2008

A busy Thursday!!

I had a good day today. My visitor came and fed me and my hatch mates some dried vegetable snacks. The boys really liked the peas, but I was a little hesitant to eat them. My neighbors, the sun conures were eating the corn with such pleasure that it made me want to try a bite of this crispy snack, and I'm so glad I did. I was a little slow eating the vegetables so my hatch mates ate most of them- those boys are greedy.
Here is a picture of my other neighbor the eclectus parrot. She is doing the famous pose called "upside down head." I wonder how we look upside down?

After snack time we played with lots of our toys. I really like chewing on these long, tan colored things. I can chew, chew, chew and they don't seem to break. Of course my beak is still a little soft; maybe later when I am older I can cut apart these stringy things. "Raaaw" that's what I hear the macaws say when they are chewing on their toys!

Raaawww! Somehow it doesn't have the same effect when I say it. I'll keep practicing!

Then I heard something being said about the flight suit. I was wondering what this suit thing could be... and then I found out! Aack!! I had something put over my wings and under my belly. The lady was really gentle with me but it felt funny on my wing pits, and on my back.

Then she set me down on the floor so I wouldn't hurt myself. I ran around to get away from this small thing that was hugging me, but it didn't let me go. I wasn't sure what to do with my right wing so I stuck it out. Eventually I stopped running around and sat still; the thing was still hugging me but it wasn't too bad.
The little green suit was taken off me after just a few minutes, what relief! I know the people were sympathetic to me, but I still think they are odd for making me wear it. Maybe I'll understand what this is about later on, right now I'm tired.

No comments: